Sunday, October 13, 2013

Leg Day grrr

For the past couple weeks I have been saying to myself "if I just had a trainer than they could push me to the next level and really kick my ass in gear".  Today...I decided to kick my own ass.

To kick said ass, I have implemented more lifting instead of just cardio and the occasional set of squats (I started yesterday so I will let you know how it goes).  After a great arm day yesterday, today it was leg day and I definitely felt like I was in beast mode.  So here it is guys my...

Kick Your Own Ass workout
Warm-Up for 5-10 minutes on any cardio machine: I chose the stair stepper for some glute work
 
Lifting superset #1: 10 squats with weights/10 lunges
Repeat 3 times
Lifting superset #2: 10 deadlifts/10 barbell glute bridges
 
Now here is where it really gets intense!  Do each exercise for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds, complete all circuts like this without stopping.  Do each circuit 3 times before moving on to the next.
 
Circuit #1: Box jumps (I'm super uncoordinated so I use a short box and go for as many reps as I can)-squat jumps- abs (your choice)
Circuit #2: burpees-donkey kicks-abs (your choice)
Circuit #3: sprints-squats-abs (your choice)
 
Seriously...no stopping!  Challenge yourself each circuit to complete more reps than the one before!
 
 
Much love, K


No comments:

Post a Comment