Friday, September 13, 2013

I call "Bullshit"

Today could have been a disaster.

I'm sure we have all had those experiences that completely turn us off to the gym and leave us broken down and crawling out of there before more damage is done.  I almost had ANOTHER one today.  I have gotten pretty fit for me and do well at the gym, but of course a 5'10'' size 0 woman got on the treadmill beside me.  She cranked up her treadmill to 7.5 and barely broke a sweat.  I kept trying to ignore her and kept feeling more and more insecure, it kept everything I had to stow my twitchy finger and not push stop on the treadmill after a few minutes.  Needless to say I made it 20 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore and went to the weights.  Now in the past I would have given up earlier, or even given up at the weights but today I made a decision.  I made the decision to do it for ME.  Who cares what the model thin woman next to me is doing, I come to the gym to be better for myself.  I re-energized, did some weight training, and then finished my cardio with suicide sprints in the fitness room.  BOOM, crisis averted for the first time in a long time.

How much of our insecurities and excuses do we create in our own heads that hold us back from being the best we can?  ALL of them!

Today I called myself on my bullshit, put aside my insecurities, and figured out a way to make it work.  If you want to be a better you then you damn sure better break through your own bullshit!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment